Massage therapy is beneficial for almost everyone! Even women carrying multiple babies can benefit greatly from a massage. Prenatal massage is therapeutic bodywork that focuses on the special needs of a mother to be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of pregnancy. The gentle, noninvasive approach of massage can ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, help prepare for labor and gives the mother to be emotional support.
Here are some prenatal massage benefits:
- Assists in many common discomforts such as joint, muscle, lower back, upper back and neck pains. Also helps relieve headaches, leg cramps, sciatica, stiffness, tension, and edema.
- Increases blood circulation
- Improves sleep.
- Soothes and relaxes the nervous system.
- Assists in maintaining good posture.
- Offers a natural, safe, drug-free alternative choice for pain relief.
- Relieves pregnancy-related low back pain.
Massage has been used for thousands of years to relieve stress, relax muscle tension, and improve general health and that remains true during pregnancy! Prenatal massage requires different techniques and specialized training to insure the safety of both mother and baby.
Studies show that women who have received regular prenatal massage have a greater chance of reduced pain perception during labor and delivery. They also tend to have shorter labors!
Women can begin massage at any point in their pregnancy. Each trimester brings its own issues and massage is a great way to deal with them. The benefits of massage can improve overall prenatal health!
Contact us at 708-636-5555 to schedule a pre-natal massage today!
Shadia Abdelrahman LMT.