We believe that including massage therapy in with your Chiropractic treatment will greatly enhance your results.
Massage Therapy has become an essential part of general health care for many people living in today’s stressful world. At The Natural Health Improvement Center, massage therapy is an integral part of your treatment prescription, designed to improve your quality of life. Many insurance companies now cover massage therapy (aka “manual therapy”) if there is a soft tissue component to your pain. (A Soft tissue injury or “STI”, is the damage of muscles, ligaments, and tendons throughout the body. Soft tissue injuries can result in pain, swelling, bruising and loss of function -Lovering, 2008). This means muscle tenderness or tension which is revealed upon examination by the doctor will allow us to incorporate clinical massage into your treatment. We believe that including massage therapy in with your Chiropractic treatment will greatly enhance your results.
Our licensed and fully credentialed professionals will deliver outstanding treatment leaving you feeling relaxed and recharged.
Our therapists will use a variety of styles to create a custom session just for you.
Massage is effective in:
- Relief of pain and tension while increasing mobility and flexibility
- Relief of muscular tension due to physical or emotional causes
- Increased blood flow
- Elimination of scar tissue
- Improved posture
- Relieve repetitive motion injuries
- Decrease stiffness in your muscles and joints from overuse, such as workouts, yard work, and team sports
- Relief of sinus pressure and headache
- Used to treat numerous ailments such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, sciatica, knee, hip and back pain, rotary cuffs, bursitis, compressed discs, restless leg syndrome, plantar fasciitis, chronic headaches, TMJ syndrome and pain associated with whiplash injuries
- Pregnancy / Prenatal Massage Studies indicate that massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn
- Sports Massage improves range of motion and muscle flexibility, resulting in improved power and performance
- Reduction or elimination of TMJ symptoms
- Craniosacral Therapy is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including Colic, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Post-Surgical Dysfunction, Chronic
- Fatigue, Chronic Neck and Back Pain, teeth grinding, TMJ, and Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Relieve pain and stiffness from arthritis
- Help injured tissue to heal, such as pulled muscles or sprained ligaments
- Increased blood flow
- Swedish massage improves the circulation resulting in encouraging nutrients and oxygen to travel to the various tissues of the body