1 lb. ground pork sausage
5 slices bacon, diced
5 stalks celery, diced
1 sweet potato (not a yam), diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 container of mushrooms, diced
2 apples, diced
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and add diced sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Set aside.
3. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and begin to cook down. Once the fat has begun to liquify, add the chopped apples, celery, and onions.
4. Once onions become translucent, add the sausage, mushrooms, and white wine vinegar. Continue cooking until the pork is almost completely cooked through. You will be placing it in the oven, so you want it pretty close to done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once sausage is done, add mixture to a bowl and allow to cool.
6. Beat the eggs together and add the cooled sausage mixture, chicken broth, sweet potatoes, pecans, and dried cranberries. Mix well.
7. Place into a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake at 375° F for about 15-20 minutes or until everything is a bit browned.
Inspired by PaleOMG